Friday, March 30, 2012

Recipe: Tofu "Chicken" Fingers

Today started our first day of Easter break!  It is so nice to be able to sit and have lunch together with the whole family...yay for no school! LOL

I recently made a veggie lasagna with tofu "ricotta", and had about half of the block left over.  I've seen several friends and websites post about baking or pay frying breaded tofu, so I decided to give it a try.  The result?  The kids ate the WHOLE pan!  I think we have a keeper :)

Ingredients:

1/2 block of extra firm tofu (I used Naysoya organic brand) sliced into blocks or "fingers"
1/2 cup of bread crumbs seasoned with garlic powder, parsley flakes, salt, and nutritional yeast.  

Roll sliced tofu pieces into breadcrumb mixture, and coat thoroughly.  You can also dip the tofu in soy sauce first for a little extra flavor!  I will try this next time...

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, turning once!  Dip in maranara or ketchup!


 Served with organic ketchup, almonds, cucumbers, a juice box, and a frozen mango sorbet!

 3 happy plates for 3 happy kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment